Recipe submitted by nutrition trainees
- 1 egg yolk
- 20 ml (4 tsp) lemon juice
- 5 ml (1 tsp) mustard powder
- Pinch salt
- 375 ml (1 ½ cup) canola oil
- 3 pinches black pepper
- Medium bowl
- Vigorously stir egg yolk, lemon juice, mustard powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Slowly add first third of the canola oil one drop at a time, whisking constantly.
- Once mayonnaise starts to stiffen, drizzle in remaining oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly. Add pepper.
- Reserve the egg white to add to a smoothie, to make salmon patties or some other recipe.