- 3 eggs
- 125 ml (½ cup) canola oil
- 125 ml (½ cup) brown sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) vanilla
- 375 ml (1½ cup) all-purpose unbleached flour
- 125 ml (½ cup) wheat bran
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) baking powder
- 500 ml (2 cups) zucchini, grated (about 2 small zucchinis)
- 125 ml (½ cup) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Grease and flour a 23 x 13 cm (9″ x 5″) bread pan.
- In a bowl, use a wooden spoon or mixer to blend the eggs, oil, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, bran, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients.
- Incorporate the zucchini and chocolate chips. Stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until well blended.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Take advantage of the weekends to bake homemade cookies or muffins you can freeze in individual serving sizes for snacks in the week ahead.