- 250 ml (½ can) white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 125 ml (½ cup) 2% milk
- 60 ml (¼ cup) non-hydrogenated margarine
- 180 ml (¾ cup) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 250 ml (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) salt
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) ground nutmeg
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) ground cinnamon
- 125 ml (½ cup) dried sweet cranberries, chopped rough
- 2 cookie sheets
- Electric mixer
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Place rack in upper part of oven.
- Grease 2 medium cookie sheets. Set aside.
- Blend beans and milk in a blender until smooth. Measure out 180 ml (¾ cup) of bean paste. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream margarine and brown sugar in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add egg and bean paste and blend until smooth.
- Sift flours, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Add chopped cranberries to the dry ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon to distribute cranberries evenly.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir to combine using a wooden spoon.
- Shape mixture into balls and place them at least 5 cm apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave on cookie sheets to cool for 10 minutes.
- You can replace dried cranberries with raisins.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container.