- 400 g white fish (tilapia farmed in the Americas or another white fish)
- 60 ml (¼ cup) all-purpose flour
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) canola oil
- 60 ml (¼ cup) light mayonnaise
- 60 ml (¼ cup) plain yogurt
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) lemon juice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) chopped parsley
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) chopped oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 4 whole wheat Kaiser buns, halved
- Coat the fish fillets in flour.
- Cook the fish in a frying pan with oil on medium-high until cooked.
- Break apart the fish using a fork.
- In a bowl, combine the fish, mayonnaise, lemon juice, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Stuff the buns with the fish mix.
Various organizations monitor fish populations that are vulnerable, that contain high levels of contaminants and heavy metals, as well as those whose fishing causes serious damage to the marine environment (Ocean Wise, Seafood watch, Seachoice).