- 180 ml (¾ cup) cocoa powder
- 125 ml (½ cup) soft non-hydrogenated margarine
- 250 ml (1 cup) granulated sugar
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) skim milk powder
- 180 ml (¾ cup) unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) pureed avocado
- 410 ml (1 ⅔ cup) whole wheat flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 1 ml (¼ tsp) salt
- 180 ml (¾ cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Square baking pans
- Wooden spoon
- Large bowl
- Place rack in the centre of the oven and preheat to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease one 8 x 11.5 x 2-inch (20 x 29 x 5 cm) or two 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pans.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir cocoa powder and margarine together in a large bowl.
- Stir in sugar, milk powder, applesauce, and eggs.
- Add pureed avocado and stir until smooth.
- Add flour, vanilla, and salt and stir until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips. Stir in gently.
- Pour into prepared pan(s).
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out clean.