- 240 g canned and drained tuna (two 170 g cans of flaked light tuna)
- 125 ml (½ cup) light cream cheese
- 60 ml (¼ cup) mayonnaise
- 60 ml (¼ cup) celery, diced
- 60 ml (¼ cup) dried cranberries
- Zest of half a lemon
- 3 whole wheat ciabatta buns, halved
- 6 leaves of Romaine lettuce
- Combine together all the ingredients except the bread and lettuce
- Spread the tuna mix on the bread and top with a lettuce leaf.
While tuna is popular in salads and sandwiches, not all canned tuna is friendly to marine ecosystems and the survival of the species. A number of tuna species are threatened, and overfishing and certain fishing methods can harm the environment and threaten other marine species (shark, turtle, and others). To see which canned tuna brands are the most environmentally friendly, check out Greenpeace’s 2012 Canned Tuna Ranking.