- ½ red onion, sliced into strips
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) canola oil
- 400 g or about 2 chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- Juice of one lime
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) honey
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) olive oil
- Salt and pepper (pinch of chili pepper if desired)
- 2 peaches or nectarines, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cucumber (or 3 Lebanese cucumbers), cut into thin sticks
- Soak red onion strips in cold water.
- In a skillet, heat oil on medium-high and cook chicken strips until well done. Set aside in a bowl to cool.
- Prepare dressing: mix lime juice, honey, coriander, and olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add strips of peaches, red pepper, cucumber, and red onion to chicken. Pour in dressing and toss well.
This recipe does not contain any grain products. Try serving with triangles of wholegrain pita bread.