- 8 small tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper
- 3 to 4 peaches
- 1 cucumber
- 1 small onion, peeled
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cilantro
- ¼ cup (60 ml) parsley
- 2 cups (500 ml) kernel corn
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chilli powder
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) lime juice (about 6 limes)
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Paring knife
- Cutting board
- A large bowl
- A juicer
- Wash the tomatoes, bell pepper, peaches,
cucumber, cilantro, parsley and limes.
- Finely dice the tomatoes, bell pepper, peaches,
cucumber and onion and place in a bowl.
- Using scissors, finely chop the cilantro and parsley.
Add to the mixture.
- Measure out the corn and the chilli powder and add
them to the bowl.
- Juice the limes. Measure the right amount, then
pour the lime juice on the salsa. Mix well.
- Serve the salsa with oven-grilled tortilla or pitas
wedges, or as a side dish with grilled meat or fish.
- Chop the fruit and vegetables into different shapes
(small triangles, cubes or rectangles).
- Top your burritos or tacos with the salsa, or add
legumes (like black beans) and rice for a full meal!