- 1 can (540 ml) lentils, rinsed & drained
- 10 to 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 stick celery, minced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 carrot, minced
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) fresh basil, minced
- 200 g (about 1/2 lb) grilling cheese, sliced 0.5 cm (¼″) thick
- 60 ml (¼ cup) oil
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) maple syrup
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Salad bowl
- Small bowl
- Non-stick frying pan
- In a salad bowl, toss together lentils, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, celery, avocado, carrot, and basil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients for vinaigrette. Pour over salad and toss. Set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, grill cheese slices 2 to 3 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Divide salad onto plates. Garnish each plate with slices of grilled cheese.
- Add whatever vegetables you have at hand to this salad.
- Grilling cheese can be replaced with bocconcini, feta, or non-dairy vegan cheese.