- 375 ml (1 ½ cup) quick-cook brown rice
- 400 ml (1 tin) light coconut milk
- 375 ml (1 ½ cup) Northern shrimp, shelled
- 375 ml (1 ½ cup) canned white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 250 ml (1 cup) snowpeas, julienned
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) lime juice
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) red curry paste
- Cook the rice as per the instructions on the package, replacing 400 ml of water with 400 ml of light coconut milk.
- Halfway through the cooking, add the shrimp.
- Cool the rice and shrimp.
- Blend together the lime juice and red curry paste.
- Add all the ingredients to the rice.
The best way to reduce the stress and time involved in making lunches is to plan. For example, you can save time by doing your grocery shopping only once a week. To make sure you’ve got everything you need and don’t have to make more trips back to the grocery store, plan your meals and lunchboxes ahead of time. Drawing up a grocery list will make your shopping experience more efficient and ensure you don’t forget anything.