- 375 ml (1½ cup) quick-cook oats
- 125 ml (½ cup) unsweetened coconut flakes
- 60 ml (¼ cup) brown sugar
- 60 ml (¼ cup) non-hydrogenated margarine
- 60 ml (¼ cup) unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 ml (½ tsp.) ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 peaches, unpeeled and cut into segments
- 375 ml (1½ cup) blueberries, frozen or fresh
- Zest of one lemon
- Place the rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Grease a 9″ square pan.
- Mix together oats, coconut, brown sugar, margarine, apple sauce, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Stir together peaches, blueberries, and lemon zest. Spread in the base of the pan and cover with the crumble mix.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow to cool.
For a different take, try replacing the peaches with apples or pears, or a mix of strawberries and rhubarb
TWO FOR ONE!
A fast and easy dessert for a weeknight meal and the next day’s lunchbox too!