- 375 ml (1 ½ cup) grated zucchini
- 180 ml (¾ cup) sugar
- 60 ml (¼ cup) non-hydrogenated margarine
- 60 ml (¼ cup) unsweetened commercial applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) oat bran
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) ground linseed
- 60 ml (¼ cup) orange juice
- 10 ml (2 tsp) orange extract
- 430 ml (1 ¾ cup) whole wheat flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking soda
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 10 ml (2 tsp) orange zest (optional)
- 2 muffin tins
- 2 large bowls
- Wooden spoon
- Small bowl
- Ice cream spoon
Recipe inspired by : https://www.ricardocuisine.com/en/recipes/8087-zucchini-lime-muffins
- Place rack in middle position of oven and preheat to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease two muffin tins and dust with flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir zucchini, sugar, margarine, applesauce, and eggs using a wooden spoon. Set aside.
- Soak oat bran and linseed in orange juice in a small bowl 10 minutes, then add orange extract.
- Add this mixture to zucchini. Stir.
- In a large bowl, stir flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and orange zest (optional).
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients using a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Fill muffin cups with batter using an ice cream scoop.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre of muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from tins and cool.
- Muffins can be kept in an airtight container for 2 days at room temperature or a few weeks in the freezer.