- 450 g (1 lb.) green beans
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) lemon juice
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) lemon zest
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) grated Parmesan
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil or steam green beans until they are tender but still slightly crunchy. Once cooked, place them under cold running water to stop the cooking process and preserve their bright green color.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together all the other ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix together the green beans and the dressing.
For a two-tone salad, combine green and yellow beans.