- 750 ml (3 cups) milk
- 60 ml (¼ cup) honey
- 2 egg yolks, whipped
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) tapioca
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) poppy seeds
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) lemon zest
- 2 peaches, unpeeled, cut into strips
- In a medium saucepan, combine all the ingredients except the poppy seeds, lemon, and peaches.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Bring to a boil on medium heat, stirring constantly (this will take about 10 minutes).
- Allow to continue boiling until the mix thickens (it will continue to thicken as it cools.)
- Remove from heat.
- Add the lemon zest and poppy seeds.
- Garnish with the equivalent of half a peach (in strips) per serving.