- 450 g (1lb.) extra lean ground beef
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) canola oil
- 4 whole wheat pitas
- 175 ml (¾ cup) homemade or store-bought tzatziki
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ cucumber, cut into strips
- Mix together all the kefta ingredients, except the oil. Make four slightly flattened sausage-shaped patties (length of a pita).
- In a skillet, heat the oil and cook the kefta patties until the meat reaches 71°C. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Do not open the pitas. Simply spread the tzatziki and veggies on top, add the kefta patties, and roll up the pitas.
Food Safety Reminder!
Remember to include ice packs in your children’s lunchbox.