- 180 ml (¾ cup) sugar
- 125 ml (½ cup) all-purpose flour
- 60 ml (¼ cup) whole wheat flour
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) ground flaxseed
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 500 ml (2 cups) raspberries, fresh or frozen
- Pie plate
- Large bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and place the rack in the centre of the oven.
- Grease a 25 cm (10 in) pie plate and dust with flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients except the raspberries using a wooden spoon.
- Smooth the dough out to cover the pan.
- Add the raspberries and press delicately across the surface of the dough.
- Bake for about 50 to 55 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Two or one! A fast and easy dessert for a weeknight meal and the next day’s lunchbox too!
- If you don’t have a pie tin, any baking dish (round, square or rectangular, made of metal, ceramic or glass) can be used.