Recipe submitted by Myriam Beaudry, nutrition trainee
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled
- 160 ml (⅔ cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
Choice of toppings :
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) granola
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) dried cranberries
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) unsweetened grated coconut
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) coarsely chopped pecans
- Large plate
- 4 small bowls (for garnishes)
- 9 wooden sticks
- Water bath or microwave oven
- Cut each banana into 3 pieces.
- Prick a wooden stick into each piece of banana.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or in a double boiler.
- Dip the banana pieces at ⅔ into the chocolate.
- Roll the banana pieces in the topping(s) of your choice.
- Let’s get creative! Place on a plate and put in the freezer for two hours.
- In case of a nut allergy, remove the pecans or replace them with pumpkin seeds, puffed cereal or another crunchy ingredient of your choice.