- 300 g beef flank steak
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) canola oil
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) regular mayonnaise
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) plain yogurt
- 1 ml (¼ tsp.) cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) paprika
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 125 ml (¼ cup) baby spinach
- ½ red pepper, cut into strips
- Fry the flank steak in oil in a skillet.
- Remove from heat and slice into thin strips. Set aside.
- In a bowl, blend mayonnaise, cayenne pepper and paprika.
- Spread the spicy mayonnaise on the tortillas.
- Top with spinach, flank steak and red pepper.
- Roll tortillas.
One way to avoid the last-minute rush of lunch making in the mornings is to prepare the night before. As you’re getting dinner ready, or later in the evening, prepare everything you can in advance. Put all the perishable lunch ingredients together in one place in the fridge and put the non-perishables and utensils in the lunchbox, ready to go. That way, come morning, all you have to do is pop the last fixings in the lunchbox, and away you go!