- 375 ml (1 ½ cup) whole wheat flour
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 180 ml (¾ cup) sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) non-hydrogenated margarine
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) ripe bananas mashed
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) lime juice
- 125 ml (½ cup) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) crushed pineapple, drained
- 125 ml (½ cup) frozen mango, dice
- 1 muffin tin
- 2 medium bowls
- Electric mixer
- Wooden spoon
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) with rack in centre position.
- Grease muffin tin. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, beat sugar and vanilla using an electric mixer.
- Add margarine and continue beating until smooth and creamy.
- Add mashed banana and lime juice and mix until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients, coconut, pineapple and mango. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Spoon dough into cups of muffin tin.
- Bake 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre of muffins comes out clean.
- Place on rack to cool.