- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) ground chia seeds
- 125 ml (½ cup) water
- 250 ml (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 180 ml (¾ cup) whole wheat flour
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) sugar
- 10 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 375 ml (1 ½ cup) sharp low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 180 ml (¾ cup) cauliflower, chopped fine
- 125 ml (½ cup) cooked ham, diced small
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk (1%)
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) non-hydrogenated margarine
- 2 muffin tins
- 2 small bowls
- Large bowl
- Ice cream scoop
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) with rack in middle position.
- Lightly grease muffin tins and dust with flour. Set aside.
- Prepare egg substitute. Stir chia seeds into water in a small bowl and soak at room temperature 4 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir dry ingredients with cheese, cauliflower, and ham. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir wet ingredients with egg substitute.
- Using a fork, stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients just enough to combine. Do not over stir.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide batter into 14 portions and pour into muffin cups.
- Bake for around 25 minutes. Remove from mould and enjoy!