- 250 ml (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) baking soda
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) semisweet chocolate chips
- 30 ml (1 Tbsp) non-hydrogenated margarine
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) silken tofu, soft
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) brown sugar
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) cocoa powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) ripe banana mashed (~ 2 bananas)
- Bread pan (9 x 5 inch)
- 2 large bowls
- Electric mixer
- Wooden spoon
- Place rack in middle position of oven and preheat to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease a 23 cm x 13 cm (9 x 5 inch) bread pan and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, stir flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Roughly chop chocolate chips and toss in dry ingredients to coat.
- In a second large bowl, cream margarine, tofu, brown sugar, cocoa, and vanilla using an electric mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time and continue beating 2 minutes. Add bananas and mix on low speed.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir using a wooden spoon. Do not whip the batter.
- Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in centre of loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool 30 minutes and remove from mould.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.