- 500 ml (2 cups) water
- 250 ml (1 cup) dried dates
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) raisins
- 60 ml (¼ cup) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 125 ml (½ cup) canned black beans
- 375 ml (1 ½ cup) instant rolled oats
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) ground flax seeds
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Large bowl
- Measuring cup 500 ml (2 cups)
- Food processor
- Medium bowl
- Boil water in a kettle.
- Place dates, raisins, and boiling water in a large bowl.
- Soak for 15 minutes.
- Drain through a sieve, reserving soaking water in a 500 ml (2 cups) measuring cup.
- Place dates and raisins in a food processor.
- Blend together on “pulse” in 3 to 5-second intervals.
- Scrape down sides of bowl with a spatula and add 60 ml (¼ cup) of soaking water. Continue blending.
- Scrape down sides again and add remaining ingredients.
- Blend for a few minutes or until mixture is firm and smooth.
- Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Shape into 24 balls.
Did you know…
- This recipe is vegan. Be careful not to substitute maple syrup with honey because honey is not a vegan ingredient.