- 300 g whole wheat farfalle
- 400 g sea trout
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 60 ml (¼ cup) pesto
- 175 ml (¾ cup) plain Greek yogurt
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) lemon zest
- 250 ml (1 cup) frozen green peas or 2 sticks of chopped celery
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente, as per the instructions on the package. Add the peas at the end to warm them. Drain.
- Meanwhile in a nonstick pan, fry the trout in olive oil on medium-high. Break the fish into flakes while it’s cooking.
- In a small bowl, mix together the pesto, yogurt, and lemon zest.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together. Refrigerate and serve cold.
One way to avoid the last-minute rush of lunch making in the mornings is to prepare the night before. As you’re getting dinner ready, or later in the evening, prepare everything you can in advance. Put all the perishable lunch ingredients together in one place in the fridge and put the non-perishables and utensils in the lunchbox, ready to go. That way, come morning, all you have to do is pop the last fixings in the lunchbox, and away you go!