- 60 ml (¼ cup) unsweetened cocoa
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) all-purpose flour, unpacked
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) whole wheat flour, unpacked
- 250 ml (1 cup) instant oats, unpacked
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) soft non-hydrogenated margarine
- 160 ml (⅔ cup) brown sugar, unpacked
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) plain yoghurt (1%)
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) milk (2%)
- 1 large egg
- Orange flavouring to taste
- 2 baking sheets
- Medium bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Large bowl
- Electric mixer
- Place rack in middle position and preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line the baking trays with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Sift cocoa powder through a sieve into a medium bowl.
- Add flours, oats, baking soda and salt. Stir together using a wooden spoon.
- Place margarine, brown sugar, yoghurt, milk, egg, and orange flavouring in a large bowl. Beat together using an electric mixer until smooth.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Shape dough into balls and space them by 5 cm on the baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.