- 375 ml (1 ½ cup) all-purpose flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) table salt
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) cocoa powder, sifted
- 60 ml (¼ cup) non-hydrogenated margarine
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) ripe banana, mashed
- 125 ml (½ cup) brown sugar
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 160 ml (⅔ cup) skim milk powder
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) 2% milk
- 2 large baking sheets
- 2 large bowls
- Electric mixer
- Measuring cup
- Wooden spoon
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Place rack in upper part of oven.
- Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, place dry ingredients (except brown sugar and milk powder) and stir with a fork to combine. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, stir margarine, banana, and brown sugar together for 30 seconds with an electric mixer. Add eggs and vanilla extract and stir for another 30 seconds.
- Stir milk and milk powder together in a measuring cup with a fork until milk powder has dissolved.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the dry ingredients into the creamed ingredients, alternating with the milk mixture until well blended.
- Divide into 12 cookies spaced approximately 5 cm apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Place on cooling rack for 10 minutes before serving.