- 250 ml (1 cup) pitted dates
- 375 ml (1 ½ cup) boiling water
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) orange juice (from 1 orange)
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) honey
- Pinch of salt
- 375 ml (1 ½ cup) rolled oats
- 60 ml (¼ cup) chia seeds
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) dark chocolate chips
- 180 ml (¾ cup) unsweetened shredded coconut
- Heatproof bowl
- Food processor
- Large bowl
- Place dates in a heatproof bowl and add boiling water. Soak 15 minutes.
- Drain dates and place in food processor.
- Add orange juice and blend to form a paste. Put paste in a large bowl.
- Add honey and salt and stir to combine.
- Add oats, chia seeds, chocolate, and dried coconut.
- Stir to create a wet mixture.
- Working with wet hands, form dough into balls, using roughly 2 Tbsp (30 ml) at a time.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Store for up to 1 week.