- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 400 g or approximately 2 chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, cut in two
- 20 ml (4 tsp.) pesto
- 60 ml (¼ cup) no-salt tomato sauce
- ½ yellow or red pepper, cut into strips
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) grated cheddar
- Place the rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a skillet, heat the oil and cook the chicken strips on medium-high until well cooked.
- In a small bowl, mix together the pesto and tomato sauce.
- Place the English muffins on a baking sheet. Spread with the pesto/tomato sauce mix and top with the chicken, pepper, and cheese.
- Bake for 10–15 minutes or until the cheese turns golden-brown.
PLANNING TO BARBECUE SOMETHING FOR DINNER?
Grill a little extra—leftover grilled chicken, pork, or fish is delicious and original in sandwiches and salads. It’s no more complicated, and you get two meals for the time it takes to make one!