- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) non-hydrogenated margarine
- 500 ml (2 cups) mini marshmallows
- 125 ml (½ cup) All-Bran Buds cereal
- 500 ml (2 cups) Rice Krispies
- 250 ml (1 cup) bran flakes, with or without raisins
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) pumpkin seeds
- 60 ml (¼ cup) dried cranberries
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) vanilla
- Square pan
- Wooden spoon
- Grease an 8″ square pan. Set aside.
- In a microwaveable bowl, melt the margarine.
- Add the marshmallows and reheat in the microwave for another minute.
- Add the All-Bran Buds cereal, Rice Krispies, bran flakes, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, and vanilla. Stir well using a wooden spoon.
- Press the mix into the pan using a wet fork.
- Cover and allow to harden at room temperature.
Who says Rice Krispie squares have to be boring!
- Any number of different dried fruits can be substituted for the cranberries (apricots, blueberries, cherries, raisins, dates, etc.) or try mixing and matching.
- This recipe can also be made in a saucepan on the stovetop.