- 3 eggs
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) white sugar
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) vanilla
- 6 slices of stale bread, cubed
- 2 ripe pears, cubed
- 60 ml (¼ cup) raisins
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 9″ square pan
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, milk, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix together the bread, pears, and raisins. Spoon mix into the pan.
- Top with the egg and milk mix.
- Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
Replace the pears with apples or plums.
TWO FOR ONE!
A fast and easy dessert for a weeknight meal and the next day’s lunchbox too!