- 250 ml (1 cup) All-Bran cereal
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 1 egg
- 60 ml (¼ cup) non-hydrogenated margarine
- 125 ml (½ cup) chocolate chips
- 250 ml (1 cup) all-purpose unbleached flour
- 60 ml (¼ cup) sugar
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) cinnamon
- 2 ml (½ tsp.) nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Place the rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Grease and flour a muffin pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the cereal and milk. Allow to sit until cereal is soft.
- Add the egg, margarine, and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- In another bowl, blend the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add to the cereal mixture and blend well.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan. Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from pan and allow to cool on a rack.
Take advantage of the weekends to bake homemade cookies or muffins you can freeze in individual serving sizes for snacks in the week ahead.