- 410 ml (1 ⅔ cup) rolled oats, slow cook
- 410 ml (1 ⅔ cup) all-purpose flour
- 375 ml (1 ½ cup) whole wheat flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) brown sugar, packed
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 180 ml (¾ cup) canola oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) marmalade (orange)
- 375 ml (1 ½ cup) blueberries, frozen
- 4 baking sheets
- 2 larges bowls
- Ice cream scoop
Recipe and photo are the result of a partnership project between Extenso and ITHQ to review Food offerings and practices in Quebec childcare centers, Nos petits mangeurs.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) and position oven rack as high up as possible.
- Grease 4 baking sheets. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat eggs using a whisk.
- Gradually incorporate oil, milk, and marmalade, whisking gently.
- Add blueberries and mix lightly.
- Gradually incorporate dry ingredients into moist ingredients until smooth. Mix lightly.
- Using an ice cream scoop, space out dough evenly on the baking sheets, approximately 6 per sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the cookies turn golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Substitute the blueberries by frozen or fresh cranberries.