- 310 ml (1 ¼ cup) milk (2%)
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) All-Bran cereal
- 60 ml (¼ cup) skim milk powder (optional)
- 250 ml (1 cup) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 160 ml (⅔ cup) whole wheat flour
- 180 ml (¾ cup) light brown sugar
- 160 ml (⅔ cup) unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 60 ml (¼ cup) canola oil
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) vanilla extract
- 180 ml (¾ cup) frozen cherries, chopped
- 2 muffin tins
- 2 medium bowls
- Large bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Ice cream spoon
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) with rack in middle position.
- Lightly grease 14 muffin cups. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, All-Bran cereal, and skim milk powder. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir flours, light brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in centre. Set aside.
- In a second medium bowl, whisk eggs, canola oil, and vanilla extract.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in milk, All-Bran cereal, and skim milk powder.
- Pour wet ingredients into well in centre of dry ingredients and stir using a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in cherries. Do not over stir.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide batter into muffin cups. Level off scoop with a knife to get even portions.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre of muffin comes out clean.
- Place on cooling rack 5 minutes before removing muffins from tins.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container.