- 350 g (¾ lb.) fondue beef
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 15 ml (2 tsp.) prepared mustard
- 10 ml (1 tsp.) honey
- ½ red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tomato sliced
- 80 g Gouda cheese, sliced
- 3 whole wheat submarine rolls, halved
- Fry the beef in a skillet with olive oil on medium-high until the meat is cooked.
- Mix together the mustard and honey.
- Spread the mustard/honey mix on the rolls, then top with the beef, pepper, tomato and cheese.
These submarines can be broiled in the oven for about 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
Don’t worry if you don’t have time to make the contents of every lunchbox a decorative masterpiece. There are lots of easy ways to make sure foods don’t always look exactly the same. For instance, raw veggies can be cut into sticks, slices, or wedges, Sandwiches can be cut in three instead of halved. In short, vary the look of their midday meal to ensure lunchtime is never a dull time for your kids!