- 8 slices of whole wheat bread
- 5 eggs
- 60 ml (¼ cup) milk
- 175 ml (¾ cup) grated cheddar
- 250 ml (1 cup) asparagus, cut into small pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Grease a muffin pan.
- Cut the crusts off the bread. Using a rolling pin, flatten the bread as thin as possible.
- Place the flattened bread slices in the muffin pan, pressing down firmly until they take the shape of the muffin pan. Using a knife, cut off the excess bread from around each quiche or, alternatively, cut with a cookie cutter.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Divide the asparagus equally among the quiches.
- Poor egg mix on top.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until golden.
Asparagus can be replaced with green beans.
By opting for Quebec-grown asparagus, you not only encourage local farmers, you also reduce the carbon footprint of the food you eat!