- 250 ml (1 cup) unsweetened apple sauce
- 125 ml (½ cup) non-hydrogenated margarine
- 2 eggs
- 375 ml (1½ cup) whole wheat flour
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) baking powder
- 2 ml (½ tsp.) cinnamon
- 1 ml (¼ tsp.) ground cloves
- 2 ml (½ tsp.) nutmeg
- 2 ml (½ tsp.) baking soda
- 175 ml (¾ cup) sugar
- 175 ml (¾ cup) raisins
- Pinch of salt
- Place the rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Grease and flour a 23 cm (9″) round pan.
- In a bowl, stir together the apple sauce, margarine, and eggs.
- In another bowl, blend together all the other ingredients and incorporate into the first mix.
- Pour the mix into the pan. Bake in the oven for about 40–45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool. Remove cake from pan and allow to cool completely on a rack.
TWO FOR ONE!
A fast and easy dessert for a weeknight meal and the next day’s lunchbox too!