- 500 g (1 lb.) pork loin, cooked and cut into shreds
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
- 60 ml (4 tbsp.) ketchup
- 60 ml (4 tbsp.) maple syrup
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) vegetable oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) brown sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) paprika
- 125 ml (½ cup) crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 250 ml (1 cup) grated cabbage
- 250 ml (1 cup) grated carrot
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) mayonnaise
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) plain yogurt
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) honey
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) cider vinegar
- 8 small sour pickles, chopped
- 4 whole wheat Kaiser buns
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium size bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- In another bowl, mix cabbage and carrots with the rest of the ingredients, except the buns.
- Cut the buns in half, crosswise, and remove some of the bread inside. This helps contain the meat in the bread.
- Stuff the slightly emptied buns with the meat and close.
- Wrap buns in plastic wrap.
- Spoon coleslaw into tight-sealing lunchbox containers. Add the coleslaw to sandwiches just before serving.
Tips from La Tablée des chefs
Replace pulled pork with pulled smoked tofu. Short on time?
Use store-bought pulled pork in sauce and ready-made coleslaw.