- 80 ml (⅓ cup) non-hydrogenated margarine, softened
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) granulated sugar
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 125 ml (½ cup) unsweetened applesauce
- 5 ml (1 tsp) pure orange extract
- 160 ml (⅔ cup) all-purpose flour
- 60 ml (¼ cup) whole wheat flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 375 ml (1 ½ cup) quick cook oats
- Pinch of salt
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 250 ml (1 cup) frozen cranberries, chopped fine
- 2 baking sheets
- Large bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Ice cream spoon
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C) with rack in upper part of oven.
- Grease two baking sheets and dust with flour. Set aside.
- Stir the margarine, sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl using a wooden spoon.
- Add egg, applesauce, and orange extract and stir.
- Add flours, baking powder, oats, salt, cinnamon and cranberries. Stir lightly with wooden spoon to combine.
- Shape dough into roughly 50-gram balls using an ice cream scoop. Flatten balls to a thickness of 0.5 cm using a fork.
- Bake cookies 18 to 20 minutes until golden.
- Leave cookies on baking sheet 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container.