- 1 can (540 ml, 19 oz.) black beans, drained or canned pinto beans or mixed black/pinto beans
- 1 can (341 ml, 12 oz.) corn kernels, drained
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 orange pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) mini bocconcini or diced mozzarella
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) marinated hot peppers, finely chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) ground cumin
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) ground coriander
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp.) dried oregano
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) lime juice
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) canola oil
- 125 ml (½ cup) fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, freshly ground
- In a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients.
- Spoon into tight-sealing containers for the lunch box.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Tips from La Tablée des chefs
Hungry campers? Add 250 g (8 oz.) leftover cooked white fish just before serving or add 500 ml (2 cups) of cooked quinoa for vegetarians.
Short on time? Prepare the recipe in advance and set aside a certain amount without cucumbers and cheese to use in different lunches, for example in tortilla wraps with sour cream or served with corn chips and mixed with store-bought salsa.