- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) canola oil
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium-size zucchini, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) grated ginger
- 60 ml (4 tbsp.) light soy sauce
- 750 ml (3 cups) brown rice, cooked the day before
- 250 ml (1 cup) frozen green peas
- 375 ml (1 ½ cups) cooked chicken breast, diced
- 125 ml (½cup) roasted sesame seeds
- A few drops of hot sauce (e.g., Sriracha), to taste
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) clementine segments, chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) fresh coriander, finely chopped
In a hot frying pan, sauté the onion, celery, and carrot in oil for 5 minutes on medium-high. Add pepper and zucchini and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
Add garlic, ginger, soy sauce, cooked rice, green peas, chicken, and sesame seeds, and sauté for 5 minutes or until rice is hot.
Spoon into pre-heated thermoses.
Tips from La Tablée des chefs
Get the kids to help by cutting some of the vegetables and seasoning the fried rice. They’ll be proud to present their masterpiece at lunchtime! Replace chicken with eggs beaten into an omelet and added to the recipe at the same time as the chicken.
Short on time? Replace fresh vegetables with an assortment of mixed frozen veggies you can add to the recipe while still frozen.