- 500 g chicken breasts, cut into chunks (about 2 breasts)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) canola oil
- 175 ml (¾ cup) whole wheat couscous
- 125 ml (½ cup) unsalted chicken stock or water
- 1 bunch flatleaf parsley (about 4 cups of parsley without the stems)
- 1 bunch (20 g) fresh mint, without the stems
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 75 ml (⅓ cup) lemon juice
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, cook the chicken on medium-high in oil.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- In a small saucepan, bring stock (or water) to boil.
- Remove from heat and incorporate the couscous. Cover and allow couscous to swell for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Chop the parsley and mint.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
Encourage children to join you in the kitchen as you prepare their lunches—either to lend a hand or simply to keep you company and to chat or watch what you’re doing. That way the food they find in their lunchbox the next day will already seem a little less mysterious.