- 250 ml (1 cup) all-purpose unbleached flour
- 125 ml (½ cup) whole wheat flour
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) ground flaxseed
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) sugar
- 10 ml lemon zest
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) unsalted butter, cold, cut into chunks
- 175 ml (¾ cup) milk
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) vanilla
- 125 ml (½ cup) blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 125 ml (½ cup) dried apricots, cut into chunks
- Place the rack in the center of the oven.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Grease a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, ground flaxseed, baking powder, salt, sugar, and lemon zest.
- Add the butter and cut the butter into the dough until the chunks are the size of a pea.
- Add the blueberries to the dry ingredient mix.
- Combine the vanilla and milk, and add to the dry ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture onto the baking sheet to form 10 scones.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until scones are lightly golden.
- Allow to cool.
Take advantage of the weekends to bake homemade cookies or muffins you can freeze in individual serving sizes for snacks in the week ahead.