Description and organisation
Divide the group into 4 teams. Each team represents a food group (fruits & vegetables, dairy products, grains, and meat and alternatives).
The teams stand on one side of the playing area. On the other side, there are 4 hoops on the ground with the Shape Up cards scattered face down inside.
At the signal, the players take turns crossing the playing area by doing 10 jumping jacks, crawling between the cones, and hopping on one foot in a series of hoops in a zigzag pattern.
They can then select a hoop on the other side and turn over one of the cards inside. If the food on the card doesn’t belong to their team’s group, they place the card face-down again and return to their team.
If the food card does belong to their team’s group, they take it and return to their team. Each player can turn over 2 cards at a time. They return to their team without doing the obstacle course.
The first team to find all 15 Shape Up cards for their food group wins.
- Add or remove obstacles and adjust the level of difficulty.
- When you turn over a card, you can place it in a different hoop if it doesn’t belong to your team.
- Vary the number of cards to be found.
- Play on a bigger field.
- Have more players on each team.
- Complex movement
- Identifying food items and their food groups
Go through the course to find all 15 images of your team’s food group
- Shape Up food cards
- Hoops (for the course)
- 4 hoops (to contain the cards)